I've been using this Blogspot powered blog for over a year now, and it is starting to get a little long in the tooth. Therefore I've been planning on moving to a new, shinny, blog of my own in the coming months. Specifically it's going to be my goal to get myself 100% migrated over my winter break. Therefore I've started building myself a list of features I want:
- Able to migrate all my old posts. This isn't going to be a huge deal, but it has to happen as I have quite a few posts I don't want to lose.
- Accepts restructured text. I'm sick of writing my posts in reST and then converting it into HTML for Blogspot.
- Pretty code highlighting.
- Disqus for comments. I don't want to have to deal with spam or anything else, let users post with Disqus and they can deal with all the trouble.
- Looks decent. Design is a huge weak point for me, so most of my time is going to be dedicated to this I think.
- Django powered!
That's my pony list thus far. There's a good bet I'll use django-mingus since I've hear such good things about it, but for now I'm just dreaming of being able to write these posts in reST.