I proposed a panel on "Object Relational Mapper Philosophies and Design Decisions". This panel is going to look at the design decisions that each of several ORMs engaged, and what philosophies they had, but with respect to their public APIs and their internal code design. Participating in the panel will be:
- Jacob Kaplan-Moss, representing Django
- Ian Bicking, representing SQL Object
- Mike Bayer, represening SQL Alchemy
- Guido van Rossum, representing Google App Engine
- Dr. Massimo Di Pierro, representing web2py
PyCon is a great conference and I would encourage anyone who can to attend.